Partner or Family

Partner or family visa

Join your family on the sunny island continent.

Join your family in Australia. Learn the Australian immigration process for relatives, whether you’re an Australian citizen or looking to immigrate. From partner visas to family sponsorship, there are many ways to immigrate to this sunny island continent.

Offshore Partner (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 309)

Australian citizens and residents can sponsor their partners to migrate to Australia. To support a partner, one must be married, have a registered relationship, or be engaged in a de facto relationship.

Offshore Partner (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 100)

This visa grants the person the right to live, study, and Work in Australia permanently. One must possess the 309 Visa and continue to be in an ongoing relationship at the time of applying for this visa. One can be onshore when applying for a permanent partner visa.

Onshore Partner (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 820)

This onshore visa allows one to live in Australia with their spouse or defacto partner who is an Australian citizen, Australian resident, or an eligible citizen of New Zealand. It is required for the applicant to be in Australia when they apply for the 820 Visa.

Onshore Partner (Permanent) Visa (Subclass 801)

This 801 Visa gives you the right to live permanently in Australia with your partner if they hold the 820 Visa. The provision to live, study, and Work in Australia always is covered under this. One must be in Australia when one applies for this particular visa.
Parents living in Australia who possess citizenship must apply for their children living outside the country if they need Australian citizenship.